SAPVIA is governed by a board of seven commissioners and a Chairperson elected democratically on an annual basis by its members at the Annual General Meeting.
From its rank the management board elects the Vice-Chairperson, Treasurer and Spokesperson. SAPVIA also has a secretariat – the Executive Manager – and an office administrator to handle the day to day workings of the association. The secretariat has two main departments: communication and policy work.
The communications department deals with all matters relating to the collection and transfer of information between members and target audiences such as public or government institutions.
The policy department is responsible for organising and collaborating technical information to be used in supporting the objectives and messages of the association.
The Management Committee currently consists of the following members:
- Davin Chown: Gensis-Eco Energy (Chairperson)
- Mike Levington: Kabi Energy (Vice-Chairperson)
- Wido Schnabel: Canadian Solar (Spokesman)
- Christian Cronje: juwi Renewable Energies (Treasurer)
- Ryan Hammond: Solairedirect
- Chris Haw: Aurora Power Solutions
- Ayanda Nakedi: Eskom
- Frank Spencer: CONCO
- Rainer Nowak: Webber Wentzel (Legal Representative)
SAPVIA Grid Access Unit Sub-Committee
SAPVIA Rooftop/Embedded Generation Sub-Committee
- Richard Douglas: The Green Way Solar Limited (Chairperson)
- Jonathan de Vrye: Emergent Energy (Vice-Chairperson)
- Lize-Mari Botha: AECOM SA
- Brian Hosking: Enel Green Power
- Axel Scholle: Power Solutions
- Wessel Wessels: BrightBlack Energy
- Mike Cubic: Romano Solar
- Thokozile Zambane: Kani Development Solutions
- John Wise: Solaire Direct
- Leon Neil Hailstones: Schneider Electric
- Jared Momple: Mainstream Renewable Power
- Karin Kritzinger: Stellenbosch University: Centre for Renewable and Sustainable Energy Studies (CRSES)
- Kobus van Tonder: SolarAfrica
- Rinus Strydom: Brolaz Energy
- Sven Pietrangeli: SARATEC
SAPVIA Manufacturers Sub-Committee