SAPVIA is governed by a board of seven commissioners and a Chairperson elected democratically on an annual basis by its members at the Annual General Meeting.
From its rank the management board elects the Vice-Chairperson, Treasurer and Spokesperson. SAPVIA also has a secretariat – the Executive Manager – and an office administrator to handle the day to day workings of the association. The secretariat has two main departments: communication and policy work.
The communications department deals with all matters relating to the collection and transfer of information between members and target audiences such as public or government institutions.
The policy department is responsible for organising and collaborating technical information to be used in supporting the objectives and messages of the association.
The Management Committee currently consists of the following members:
- Davin Chown: Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa (Chairman)
- Chris Haw: Aurora Power Solutions (Spokesman)
- Ryan Hammond: Solairedirect (Treasurer)
- Mike Levington: Kabi Solar (Vice-Chairperson)
- Vinni Bellini: Soitec Solar
- Tumi Mphahlele: Matajiri Projects
- Rainer Nowak: Webber Wentzel (Legal Representative)
The SAPVIA Grid Access Unit Sub-Committee consists of the following members:
- Sipho Madonsela: Emzansi Engineers (Chairperson)
- Gareth Warner: Momentous Energy (Vice-Chairperson)
- Lee Smith: 3E
- Christopher Burghardt: First Solar
- Ahmed Rahme: SMA
- Dom Wills: Aurora Power Solutions
- Thinus van As: Solaire Direct
- Hein Swart: Tenesol
The following companies and representatives comprise of the SAPVIA Rooftop PV sub-committee:
- Alexi Romano: Romano Group(Chairperson)
- Axel Scholle: Power Solutions
- Grant Berndson: Solaire Direct SA
- Roth Watson: Sunworx
- Ralph Berold (SunEdison)
- Pierluigi Grilli (Lux Energia)
- Keobakile Sedupane
- Dylan Theunissen (3E)
- Corli Leonard (Centre for Renewable & Sustainable Energy Studies)
- Christo Botha (Element Consulting Engineers)