- Conclusion of the Wind & Solar PV Strategic Environmental Assessment Process run by CSIR (0) The Wind and Solar PV Strategic Environmental Assessment was completed in March 2015, and the updated draft SEA report and associated GIS data were handed over to the Department of Environmental Affairs on 26 March 2015. The SEA report and associated spatial datasets will be updated and finalised by the Department of Environmental Affairs based on further consultation with relevant ...
- National SEA for the rollout of EGI in South Africa, ERG Meeting Meeting Notes (0) An Expert Reference Group (ERG) Meeting for the National Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) for Electricity Grid Infrastructure (EGI) in support of Strategic Integrated Project (SIP) 10 took place on 15 February 2015 in Pretoria.
The meeting notes can be accessed by clicking on the links below.
Meeting Notes_EGI SEA_ERG_11Feb2015
Meeting Notes_Wind & Solar PV SEA_ERG_11Feb2015
- National RE SEA: ERG Meeting Notes: 11 June 2014 (0) The Renewable Energy (RE) Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Expert Reference Group (ERG) held a meeting which took place on 11 June 2014 at CSIR Pretoria.
To view the meeting notes, please click here
- NOTIFICATION OF PUBLIC MEETING Invitation to attend a public meeting to discuss the eight strategic focus areas identified through the Department of Environmental Affairs’ national wind and solar PV energy Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) process (0) DEA and CSIR are planning on undertaking a Provincial Roadshow to engage with local communities within the 8 wind and solar PV focus areas. You are invited to join the public meetings in each of the 8 focus areas during March and April 2014. To view further details, please click here
- Expert Reference Group (ERG) meetings for the Renewable Energy and the Electricity Grid Infrastructure Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA) – 20 February 2014 (0) On 20 February 2014, the Expert Reference Group (ERG) meetings for both the Renewable Energy and the Electricity Grid Infrastructure Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA) were held at the CSIR.
Presentations delivered on the day can be downloaded by clicking on the links below:
- SEA update & procedure for downloading solar datasets (0) Brief update on the solar PV SEA process
Subsequent to the first project steering committee (PSC) or expert reference group (ERG) meeting in March 2013, the CSIR has refined its methodology and results based on all comments and recommendation received. Refinements include:
· additional datasets; and
· determination of development potential through normalisation based on pull factors e.g. ...
- SEA Expert Reference Group feedback: 27 March 2013 (0) Mike Levington (Vice Chairperson, SAPVIA) and Karen Jodas (Managing Director, Savannah Environmental and SAPVIA member) attended the first meeting of the Expert Reference Group (ERG) for the DEA’s Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) process on 27 March 2013 at the CSIR Campus in Pretoria.
The SEA process is a result of an instruction from Cabinet for DEA ...
- Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA’s) (0) Overview of DEA National wind and solar PV SEA’s:
As part of the rollout of renewable energy in the country, the Department of Energy (DoE) has entered into a bidding process for the procurement of 3725 MW of renewable energy from independent power producers by 2016. In order to submit a bid, a proponent is required ...