- Energy Storage Technologies and Market Opportunities Presentation (0) Following the completion of the South Africa Energy Storage Technol o gy and Market Assessment, Parsons will present findings from the assessment focusing on key technologies in the energy storage sector.
The presentation will feature business opportunities for U.S. companies in South Africa and other emerging markets.
For full details, please click here…
- IPP programme identified as imperative for boosting investment (0) Engineering News – ONLINE
22 February 2017
Eskom’s delay in signing power purchase agreements with renewable energyindependent power producers (IPPs) whose bids were approved by the Department of Energy could result in manufacturers going out of business, National Treasury warned in its 2017 Budget Review. Read more here…
- CSIR presentation to PCE: Electricity Scenarios for South Africa (0) The CSIR delivered a presentation to the Portifolio Committe on Energy on Tuesday, 21 February 2017. The presentation can be dowloaded here
- Organisation Undoing Tax Abuse (OUTA) [COMPLAINANT] and ESKOM [RESPONDENT] (0) SUMMARY OF CASE AND STATEMENT OF FACTS AND CONTEXT ON BEHALF OF THE
Please click here to downlaod the full document.
- Renewable Energy Creating Jobs in South Africa (0) The creation of wind farms and other renewable energy projects is creating jobs in South Africa, the SA News service reports.
Premier Phumullo Masualle said that projects carried out in Eastern Cape have created 18,132 jobs. ‘We have been awarded 16 wind farms and one solar energy farm with a total investment value of 33.7 billion ...
- Green energy saves city mall 2 200 electricity units each day (0) A Cape Town shopping mall is saving 2 200 units of electricity each day due to the installation of renewable energy systems.
Alan Winde, Minister of Economic Opportunities today (16 February 2017) visited Bayside Mall in Table View as part of the Western Cape Government’s month-long energy efficiency awareness campaign. Read more here…
- SONA: Zuma commits SA to renewable energy (0) FIN24
09 February 2017
Eskom has for months refused to issue final budget quotes to preferred bidders in Round 4 and the Round 4 extension of the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme.
It has caused widespread concern in the renewable energy sector, which had praised South Africa for years. Read more here…
- Zuma says Eskom will sign renewables contracts in disrupted, economy-focused Sona (0) Engineering News – ONLINE
09 February 2017
President Jacob Zuma announced on Thursday that Eskom would sign the outstanding power purchase agreement (PPAs) for renewable energy projects that had been procured during the most recent rounds of the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Programme (REIPPPP). Read more here…
- PRESS STATEMENT: Bold leadership on renewables sends strong message to investors – SAPVIA (0) SAPVIA MEDIA STATEMENT
For immediate release.
Bold leadership on renewables sends strong message to investors – SAPVIA
The announcement that Eskom will sign the outstanding Power Purchase Agreements in the Renewable Energy IPP Programme (REIPPP) sends a strong message to investors that the renewable energy industry is very much open for business. We now hope that Eskom heeds ...
- Sekunjalo’s R500m lifeline to entrepreneurs (to boost renewable energy initiatives) (0) Business Report
09 February 2017
South African entrepreneurs yesterday received a shot in the arm after Sekunjalo Investment Group committed R500 million to boost renewable energy initiatives and women-owned businesses. Read more here…