- SAPVIA 2016/7 AGM (0) SAPVIA concluded its most recent Annual General Meeting, on the 19th April 2017. Elections for Manco positions as well as for Chairperson were held at said AGM, as we bid a fond farewell to 3 of the original Founder Members and longstanding Manco members, namely, Ryan Hammond, Mike Levington and Chris Haw.
The SAPVIA Annual Report ...
- SAPVIA CEO shares our industry’s views on: Renewables, coal and nuclear (0) Looking at future energy mix, is it either nuclear or renewables, do you see them coexisting? Click here to listen to what our CEO, Mike Levington has to say!
- Formal comments on the Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) Update Assumptions, Base Case and Observations 2016 CSIR Energy Centre Pretoria (0) The CSIR submitted their formal comments on the Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) Update Assumptions, Base Case and Observations 2016 CSIR Energy Centre Pretoria, to DOE on 31 March 2017. To view the full document, please click here.
- (CSIR) Formal comments on the Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) Update Assumptions, Base Case and Observations 2016 (0) by Jarrad G. Wright1 , Tobias Bischof-Niemz2 , Joanne Calitz3 , Crescent Mushwana4 , Robbie van Heerden5 , Mamahloko Senatla6 , 31 March 2017 1 JWright@csir.co.za 2 TBischofNiemz@csir.co.za 3 JRCalitz@csir.co.za 4 CMushwana@csir.co.za 5 RPvHeerden@csir.co.za 6 MSenatla@csir.co.za
Click here to download the full document.
- Keep energy affordable by using the least-cost approach in the IRP, says SAPVIA (0) SAPVIA MEDIA STATEMENT
For immediate release.
30 March 2017
Keep energy affordable by using the least-cost approach in the IRP, says SAPVIA
The public participation period for the update to the Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) 2016 Update for Electricity comes to a close tomorrow . The IRP serves as a roadmap for South Africa’s energy planning future ...
- Sapvia reiterates call for ‘least-cost’ approach as IRP, IEP public comment deadline looms (0) Engineering News – ONLINE
As the deadline for public comment on the draft Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) and Integrated Energy Plan (IEP) 2016 approaches, the South African Photovoltaic Industry Association (Sapvia) has reiterated its call for the use of the “least-cost” approach in South Africa’s future energy mix. Read more here…
- Tshwane to ‘buy back’ electricity with new solar power programme (0) The Citizen
24 March 2017
The Embedded Power Generation essentially allows small power generation by residents or small businesses for their own use.
The City of Tshwane announced its flagship policy on Embedded Power Generation (EPG), which is aimed to promote small-scale solar power generation by residents.
Speaking at a media briefing on Thursday, executive mayor Solly Msimanga said ...
- Energy Storage Technologies and Market Opportunities Presentation (0) Following the completion of the South Africa Energy Storage Technol o gy and Market Assessment, Parsons will present findings from the assessment focusing on key technologies in the energy storage sector.
The presentation will feature business opportunities for U.S. companies in South Africa and other emerging markets.
For full details, please click here…
- IPP programme identified as imperative for boosting investment (0) Engineering News – ONLINE
22 February 2017
Eskom’s delay in signing power purchase agreements with renewable energyindependent power producers (IPPs) whose bids were approved by the Department of Energy could result in manufacturers going out of business, National Treasury warned in its 2017 Budget Review. Read more here…
- CSIR presentation to PCE: Electricity Scenarios for South Africa (0) The CSIR delivered a presentation to the Portifolio Committe on Energy on Tuesday, 21 February 2017. The presentation can be dowloaded here