Location: Pretoria/Johannesburg, South Africa (Cape Town may be considered)
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
Type of employment: Permanent employee
ENERTRAG South Africa is a medium sized renewable energy developer and is a subsidiary of ENERTRAG AG, an independent energy company in Germany and France. We are looking to employ an experienced project development planner – this is a growth opportunity and you will be directly responsible for growing the business by adapting to the changing phases and demands of various project lifecycles.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Project management and development support:
Provide support to both the commercial and industrial (C&I) and the REIPPPP (national and regional) projects in the following ways:
- Ensure project documentation (including contracts; land lease agreements; project plans, etc.) are filed and accessible with the support of the project administrator.
- Develop and maintain the project-related database for the company’s project portfolio (including project dashboards and schedules).
- Provide timely reports tracking the project portfolio timelines, costs and milestones.
- Procurement and application of project management software tools.
- Liaise with ENERTRAG AG by (i) using the various project management platforms; (ii) updating of legal SPV structure documents; and (iii) maintaining the ENERTRAG file structure.
2. Market intelligence
- Compile market intelligence from various internal and external sources for both the project development and operations portfolios.
- Provide insight into the latest technology developments (specifically wind energy technology)
3. Project development:
- Conducting technical due diligence of green field renewable energy projects in South Africa.
- Obtaining all development permits and authorisations in order.
- Evaluating resources and estimation of site energy yield.
- Obtaining all development permits and authorisation in order to reach compliance to bid in projects into government backed and private (large residential, commercial and industrial) procurement programmes (eg REIPPPP).
- Analysing wind resource information and reviewing permitting requirements, which include, inter-alia: wind resource assessments, environmental authorisations, land acquisition and evacuation of energy into the national transmission and distribution network.
- Supporting the team in bidding projects into a procurement window and provide ongoing attendance in bringing projects to financial close.
- Three-year related qualification in administration and/or project management, i.e. B-degree
- Post-graduate qualification preferred
- One-year related experience
- Business fluent in English, another South African official language and German are a plus
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work in, and support team to achieve project objectives
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivation and a proactive attitude to work
Closing date: 30 November 2019
To apply, please forward your CV and a short motivation (300 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org.