The South African Photovoltaic Industry Association (SAPVIA) represents active players in South Africa’s photovoltaic market. The association is devoted to promoting the growth of the country’s solar photovoltaic (PV) electricity market, and aims to contribute to the country’s renewable energy roll-out.
SAPVIA is looking for a Project Manager: Technical to be based in the Johannesburg Office. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, they will responsible for various solar PV technical matters.
The tasks of the Project Manager: Technical will include project management, technical standard reviews, data analysis, research gap identification and implementation, mapping of the PV value chain, technical content creation, keeping abreast of latest technology advancement and trends, creating a value proposition for current and potential members as well as monitoring and reporting.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, always inquiring, and working with little supervision. The Project Manager: Technical is expected to ensure the association is up to date on relevant technical matters and will thereby contribute to driving sustainable growth within the organisation.
- Manage current initiatives of the association e.g. PV GreenCard
- Review technical standards as applicable to the roll-out of Solar PV in the South Africanmarket
- Identify research gaps, prioritise and undertake research studies
- Raise funds to undertake required research
- Create relevant technical content for different member categories and the public in general– in collaboration with relevant Working Groups of SAPVIA
- Keep the association in touch with latest technology advancements and trends
- Together with SAPVIA working groups, deliver on various mandates – distributed generation,grid access, asset management, local manufacturing etc.
- Create a value proposition for current and potential members – with a focus on recruitingsolar PV off-takers
- Prepare reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals and correspondence to members
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Electrical Engineering)
- Project Management certification/qualification will be advantageous
- Desired years of experience: at least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be self-driven and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Experience or Working Knowledge of the Renewable Energy Industry
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software
To apply, please direct your application including your CV, cover letter and all other relevant documentation to Kim Thomas – email@example.com
Telephone: 021 200 5856;
SAPVIA website: www.sapvia.co.za
Closing Date: 12:00 Noon, Monday, 29th March 2021
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted