In this role, you will inter alia take lead in Solar PV design, analysis and/or project management. You will work alongside project engineers, master electricians, project managers and contractors. As a PV Specialist, you will qualify analyse, develop and oversee the construction of renewable energy projects in the C&I fields. You will see projects from conception to completion and through the lifetime of the system. You will also play a role in project management and will be responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of LTM Energy.
- Review specification and/or analyse potential renewable energy projects (at this tage mainly Solar PV).
- Design, develop a BOQ and cost Solar PV systems, including ground mounted, carport and rooftop systems, either grid-tied, hybrid or off-grid.
- Perform the role of a PV Specialist and advise the company and its client on PV related matters, including but not limited to feasibility, best performance, improved efficiency, as well as quality and general project management related issues.
- Follow latest developments and technologies in the Solar PV and energy storage field and inform the company of changes in this environment.
- Build supplier and contractor relationships to support the company’s Solar PV and Energy Storage drive, manage and mitigate risk through supplier contracts and intervention.
- Ensure all PV systems (including total EPC & M activity) meet the applicable regulations for SA, latest recommendations from leading solar PV bodies and comply with individual client requirements when provided.
- Deep understanding of NEC and FIDIC contracts.
- Attend and have the ability to address / present to customers, management, internal and external teams involved in the EPC & M process.
- Perform renewable energy related audits on site and translate finding into custom-made solutions.
UTILISING THE SHAREPOINT PLATFORM: LTM ENERGY PROJECT PLATFORM:
- Plan and implement projects
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define tasks and required resource
- Collect and manage project team
- Manage budget
- Allocate project resources
- Create schedule and project timeline
- Track deliverables
- Support and direct team
- Lead quality assurance
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Present to stakeholders’ reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Evaluate and assess result of project
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- At least 2-3 years proven Solar PV and Energy Storage experience, including but not limited to all aspects of EPC & M (Engineering/design, Procurement, Construction, and Maintenance).
- Possess experience in energy analytics & power system analytics
- Possess knowledge of and/or experience in understanding of electrical and electronic control circuits
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess good leadership, planning and decision-making skills
- Able to work in a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, (as a minimum: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MW Projects).
- Strong demonstrated skill to analyze existing electrical infrastructure.
- Travel is required as needed to address new projects and customer needs.
- Normal Office Environment.
- Scope / design efficient PV systems using Helioscope and/or PVSyst, as well as supplier programs to correctly the size PV, including cabling, combiners, inverters and all other components of a complete system, also including energy storage.
- Conformance with relevant Codes and Standards applicable to the SA market
- Translate system models into project proposals, including financial impact analysis and proposals to clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- PV Design Specialist Certification or equivalent (PV green card or equivalent)
- Proven Solar and battery system design and construction experience
- Willingness to Travel in SA and on rare occasions, Africa
- Valid Driver’s License and 5 years’ experience is required (min: manual shift vehicle / bakkie)
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency with advanced spreadsheet creation
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and similar industry standard CAD software will be beneficial
- Highly organized individuals, that thrive in process driven as well as creative environments
- Strong writing, documentation, and communications skills
- Attention to detail and a good understanding of electrical equipment
- PMBOK Knowledge and certification will be beneficial
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong analytical skills / inclination
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Contract negotiation
- Conflict resolution experience
- Able to tolerate stress