The Solar Future: South Africa | 25-26 January 2012 | Johannesburg
South Africa has an average of over 2,500 hours of sunshine every year. The country’s solar radiation output is over twice that of Europe and one of the highest outputs in the world. This makes it a perfect climate for solar energy. The immense potential of solar energy is slowly being realized and the South African solar industry is experiencing steady growth. New policies, investments and big loan guarantees by institutions such as the African Development Bank have accelerated the development of this upcoming market.
On the 25th of January Solarplaza will be organizing The Solar Future: South Africa, a conference devoted entirely to the South African solar market. During this interactive one-day event, industry experts, key-decision makers and representatives from leading companies will explain and interpret the current status and development of the solar market in South Africa. The conference will also provide the perfect platform for extensive networking, allowing you to share thoughts and ideas with the most important players in the South African market.
The second part of the event takes place on the 26th of January and will consist of an interactive workshop in an exclusive setting and a networking safari trip. We invite you to join the workshop as a member of a select group of experts, putting their heads together to map out South Africa’s solar future. After this morning session the group will head into Kruger National Park for an afternoon of leisure and informal networking.
- Vishal Shah – Managing Director & Senior Analyst Alternative Energy, Deutsche Bank
- Karen Breytenbach – Senior Project Advisor PPP Unit, Department of National Treasury
- Mario Zen – Vice President Business Development, LDK Solar
- Morore Mashao – Executive manager, ESKOM
- Peet Du Plooy – Programme Manager: Sustainable Growth, Trade & Industrial Policy Strategies
- Scott Brodsky – Partner, Dewey and Leboeuf
- Omar Vajeth – Head of Power and Energy, ABSA Capital
- Natasha Wally – Assistant Vice President, Marsh
- Velaphi Msimang – Chief Director: Hydrogen and Energy subprogramme, Department of Science and Technology
- Edwin Koot – CEO, Solarplaza
- · Session I: Policy and regulation Update and forecast for the South African PV market
- · Session II: International experience with large scale PV power plants
- · Session III: Financing of large solar PV power plants
- Session IV: What is the impact of international industry and market developments?
Date: 25-26 January 2012
Venue: The Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg
For whom: Industry players, entrepreneurs, investors, banks, governments, roof owners and others interested in the South-African PV Market
How much: €695.00
SAPVIA members can register now with a special promotion code (TSFSA2012-SAPVIA-MEMBERS), which will give a 10% discount!